Apply now for a chance to join a select group of students who are currently studying in Nova Scotia, Canada, as members of our unique Study & StayTM Program.
Students will be provided with enhanced support throughout their studies in Nova Scotia to ensure each student gains the education, tools, and community connections needed to launch a successful career and fulfilling life in Nova Scotia, Canada.
Students who successfully gain entry to the Study & StayTM Program will begin their:
- second year of undergraduate study in September 2018 at one of Nova Scotia’s 10 Universities (Undergraduate programs);
- first year of graduate study in September 2018 at one of Nova Scotia’s 10 Universities (two-year graduate programs); OR
- first year of study in September 2018 at Nova Scotia Community College (two-year diploma programs).
Benefits of the Study and StayTM Program
Study and StayTM is a comprehensive international student support, personal and professional development, and career transition program focused on specific tasks that include: language and cultural adaption, community engagement, volunteerism, personal and professional skills development workshops, social activities and events, employment-related events (networking opportunities), and a career mentorship component in students’ final year.
Participants will be supported as they transition from ‘student’ to ‘professional’ over the course of their studies, benefiting from this unique program in the following ways:
- Receive one-on-one employment and transition support from an EduNova Retention Coordinator, with additional support from campus and community;
- Develop professional networks through a province-wide cohort of peers and business networks;
- Attend a two-day cohort retreat as program orientation each year of students’ studies;
- Attend an annual Building Employment and Successful Transitions (BEST) Conference to continually build on students’ competencies and enlarge students’ professional networks;
- Reflect and learn through campus and community engagement, events and activities, career assessments and self-values analysis;
- Develop social skills through events, activities, and volunteer experience on campus or in the community;
- Develop a personalized career and goal-setting plan while gaining a better understanding of personal and professional development, and the Nova Scotia labour market—both in regional and international contexts;
- Support for co-op preparation, summer employment and other employment-related opportunities;
- Build valuable professional employment skills including professional communication, job search, resume and cover letter, and interview techniques;
- Develop workplace knowledge, professional and employment connections;
- Gain enhanced professional communication skills enabling engagement with professors, peers, employers;
- Understand intercultural communication in the workplace;
- Develop personal branding techniques and a professional online profile; and
- Participate in peer and community workplace mentorships.
How to apply:
Please select one of the following application streams to apply:
Who is eligible?
International students who are currently studying at Nova Scotia’s 10 universities and Nova Scotia Community College;
Study and StayTM Program university undergraduate and graduate entry:
Students who have completed their first year of study and will be entering their second year of study in September 2018 at one of Nova Scotia’s 10 universities;
Students who are enrolled in a two-year Masters program in one of Nova Scotia’s 10 universities.
Study and StayTM Program college entry (for NSCC students):
Students who are enrolled in any of NSCC’s two-year diploma programs and will be coming to Nova Scotia to pursue their studies in September 2018 or January 2019.
- International students of all nationalities are welcome to apply;
- Students must be in good academic standing.
Nova Scotia post-secondary institution:
- Acadia University
- Atlantic School of Theology
- Cape Breton University
- Dalhousie University
- Mount Saint Vincent University
- Nova Scotia Community College
- NSCAD University
- St. Francis Xavier University
- Université Sainte-Anne
If you require any additional information about the Study and StayTM in Nova Scotia Program, please contact: email@example.com