Students in the Study and StayTM in Nova Scotia Program will be provided with enhanced support throughout their studies in Nova Scotia to ensure each student gains the education, tools, and community connections needed to launch a successful career and fulfilling life in Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Applicants must be international students with a valid study permit;
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a Nova Scotian post-secondary institution (University or College) and graduating in 2021 (spring or fall 2021);
- Applicants must be in good academic standing; and
- International students of ALL nationalities are welcome to apply.
Benefits of the Study and StayTM in Nova Scotia Program:
The Study and StayTM in Nova Scotia Program is comprehensive international student support, personal and professional development, and career transition program focused on specific tasks and activities that focus on:
- Professional skills and career development;
- Community and campus engagement through volunteering;
- Intercultural learning opportunities; and
- Canadian workplace culture – as well as making meaningful connections while they study and live in Nova Scotia.
The program also includes professional development workshops, social activities and events, employment-related events (networking opportunities) – as well as a career-focused mentorship component in students’ final year.
Participants will be supported as they transition from ‘student’ to ‘ young professional’ over the course of their studies, benefiting from this unique program in the following ways:
- Receiving one-on-one employment and transition support from an EduNova Retention Coordinator, with additional support from campus and community;
- Developing professional networks through a province-wide cohort of peers and business networks;
- Attending a two-day cohort retreat as program orientation each year of students’ studies;
- Attending an annual Building Employment Skills for Successful Transitions (BEST) Conference to continually build on students’ professional growth and competencies and enlarge students’ professional networks;
- Reflecting and learning through campus and community engagement, events and activities, career assessments and self-values analysis;
- Developing social skills through events, activities, and volunteer experience on campus or in the community;
- Developing a personalized career and goal-setting plan while gaining a better understanding of personal and professional development, and the Nova Scotia labour market—both in regional and international contexts;
- Supporting for co-op preparation, summer employment and other employment-related opportunities;
- Building valuable professional employment skills including professional communication, job search, resume and cover letter, and interview techniques;
- Developing workplace knowledge, professional and employment connections;
- Gaining enhanced professional communication skills enabling engagement with professors, peers, employers;
- Understanding intercultural communication in the classroom and workplace;
- Developing personal branding techniques and a professional online profile; and
- A mentorship component in students’ final year.
How to Apply?
To apply, please use the following link to download application form:
An application package must include:
- A completed application form and
- A most recently updated Résumé
Please send your completed application package form to email@example.com
The application deadline is: August 31, 2019
Questions and Inquiries:
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nova Scotia post-secondary institutions:
- Acadia University
- Atlantic School of Theology
- Cape Breton University
- Dalhousie University
- Mount Saint Vincent University
- Nova Scotia Community College
- NSCAD University
- Saint Mary’s University
- St. Francis Xavier University
- University of King’s College
- Université Sainte-Anne
If you require any additional information about the Study and StayTM in Nova Scotia Program, please contact: email@example.com