Call for mentors! Make connections that count.
Do you have a passion for sharing your professional knowledge, skills and experience to help international students build their future in Nova Scotia? If that sounds like you, we invite you to apply to become a mentor for EduNova’s Study and Stay™ Nova Scotia program today!
About the Study and StayTM Nova Scotia program
The Study and Stay™ Nova Scotia program is designed to support a select group of final-year international students completing their post-secondary study in Nova Scotia. The 10-month program provides participants with career development opportunities while helping them build strong community connections.
The program includes a managed mentorship component and opportunities for students to network, apply their learnings, and gain a deeper understanding of Nova Scotia’s workplace culture and job market opportunities. As a mentor, you’ll have a chance to expand your own network, gain leadership skills and support international students as they work toward launching a successful career and fulfilling life in Nova Scotia.
Ideally, as a mentor, you should have 2-3 years of experience working in your field in Nova Scotia. Those with less experience, however, may also be considered.
Applications for mentors are now open! The deadline for applications is January 11, 2023.
Please fill out this form to express your interest in becoming a mentor: https://forms.office.com/r/VtchHm1q0U
To submit an application, download our iCent app to your mobile device or access it through our web browser by clicking the buttons below:
Once you’ve accessed our iCent app, please follow the steps below to create an account and submit your application:
- Choose “Canada” as your country and “EduNova” as your organization.
- Select “Study and Stay™ Nova Scotia” program from the list.
- Enter your preferred email address and press “continue.”
- You’ll receive an email from iCent Support with an alphanumeric PIN code. Enter the PIN code and tap “continue.”
- Complete your user profile and program profile, please make sure to select “Mentor” as the user category while completing your program profile. Only after selecting the user category as “Mentor“, you will be able to see the application form.
- Fill out your mentorship application. If you wish to skip this step and complete it later, you can access your application again by clicking the “Mentorship Application Form” button on your dashboard.
As a mentor, you will:
- Meet with your assigned student 4-6 times between February and July 2023;
- Share your knowledge, skills, advice, and connections;
- Work one-on-one with your mentee to support their professional learning goals;
- Give your mentee feedback on areas of strength and improvement;
- Be open and responsive to questions related to working in the province; and
- Be available to support your student in their professional journey.
Selected mentors will receive formal mentorship training and a guide to support their mentorship journey, as well as support from the program coordinator.
For more information about the Study and Stay™ mentorship program, please contact Francielle Ciconetto, program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.