If you’re an international student in your final year of study in Nova Scotia, we’d like to encourage you to stay.
Apply now to join a group of select final-year (graduating) international students who will be part of a unique program designed to help them forge a successful future here in Nova Scotia.
Students who successfully gain entry into the Atlantic Canada Study and StayTM – Nova Scotia program will be provided with enhanced support during their final year of study. This will equip students with the cultural, language, career, and networking skills needed to launch a successful career and fulfilling life in Nova Scotia.
About the Atlantic Canada Study and StayTM – Nova Scotia Program
The goal of Atlantic Canada Study and StayTM – Nova Scotia is to support international students to live, work, and stay in Nova Scotia post-graduation. The program provides participants with the essential skills, resources, and support needed as they transition from ‘student’ to ‘professional’ in their final year of study.
A managed mentorship component is an integral part of the Atlantic Canada Study and StayTM – Nova Scotia program. Mentorship provides an opportunity for students to apply their learning, build connections, and gain a better understanding of Nova Scotia’s workplace culture and labor market opportunities.
Atlantic Canada Study and StayTM – Nova Scotia focuses on:
- Cultural and social adaptation
- Professional communication
- Networking and professional connections
- Career and labour market support
- Access to immigration resources and support
APPLICATIONS OPEN, AUGUST 2020
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
Applicants MUST be beginning their final-year of study in fall (September) 2020 and expect to graduate from their program of study in spring or summer 2021.
Applicants from one of the following Nova Scotia institutions are welcome to apply:
- Acadia University
- Atlantic School of Theology
- Cape Breton University
- Dalhousie University
- Mount Saint Vincent University
- Université Sainte-Anne
- St. Francis Xavier University
- Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC)
- NSCAD University
- University of Kings College
- Saint Mary’s University
The Atlantic Canada Study and StayTM – Nova Scotia program will run from fall (October) 2020 to summer (July/August) 2021. Applicants should be committed to living and working in Nova Scotia post-graduation and demonstrate outstanding leadership or initiative on and off campus.
While there is no set GPA requirement, students are required to be in good academic standing and have contributed to their academic and social communities.
Chosen applicants will be expected to participate and complete all program tasks and activities, and commit approximately four to six hours per month—including time dedicated to a mentorship component.
Before You Apply
Please review eligibility (see above) and the following:
- Applicants need to complete an online application process, highlighting why they want to live, work, and stay in Nova Scotia post-graduation.
- Applicants will include a one-page letter of intent detailing their skills, experience, and motivation. Students must show how they plan to contribute to the Nova Scotia community post-graduation.
- Mandatory: Applicants must have an active LinkedIn profile and will be asked to upload their link when applying.
- Mandatory: Selected applicants must be available to attend an Orientation Retreat from October 2020 (October 14-16).
- Mandatory: Selected applicants must be eligible for a two-three year Post Graduate Work Permit upon their time of graduation.
- The program will be delivered in English, with options for a French mentor.