Apply now for a chance to join a select group of students who will study in Nova Scotia, Canada, as members of our unique Study & Stay Program.
Students who successfully gain entry to the Study & Stay Program will travel to Canada to pursue their University or College studies in September of 2017. Students will be provided with enhanced support throughout their studies in Nova Scotia to ensure each student gains the education, tools, and community connections needed to launch a successful career and fulfilling life in Nova Scotia, Canada.
If you haven’t applied to the Study and Stay in Nova Scotia Program but wish to join an elite group of international students, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.”
Benefits of the Study and Stay Program
Study and Stay is a comprehensive international student support and career transition program focused on specific tasks that include: employment-related events, activities, workshops, and a career mentorship and experiential workplace learning component. Participants will be supported as they transition from ‘student’ to ‘professional’ over the course of their studies, benefiting from this unique program in the following way:
- Receive one-on-one employment and transition support from an EduNova Retention Coordinator, with additional support from campus and community;
- Develop professional networks through a province-wide cohort of peers and business networks;
- Attend a 2-day Employment Preparedness and Cohort Retreat each year of your studies. The first retreat will introduce the participants to the program, each other, potential employers, and Nova Scotian business and government leaders.
- Reflect and learn through career assessments and self-values analysis;
- Develop a personalized career and goal-setting plan while gaining a better understanding of the Nova Scotia labour market—both in regional and international contexts;
- Build valuable employment skills including professional job search, resume, interview techniques;
- Develop workplace knowledge, professional and employment connections;
- Gain enhanced communication skills including confidence to talk to employers, and understanding of intercultural communication for the workplace;
- Develop personal branding techniques and a professional on-line profile;
- Participate in peer and community workplace mentorships;
- Attend a Branding and Employment Skills Training (BEST) conference;
- Complete a workplace placement/job voucher program (Experiential Learning)
Who is eligible?
- Students in China, India and the Philippines who are interested in pursuing university, college or post-graduate studies in Nova Scotia, Canada beginning studies in September 2017. Students may be enrolled in any of the following levels of study at a Nova Scotian post-secondary institution: NSCC diploma program, university undergraduate, masters, or doctorate.
- International K-12 students currently studying at a Nova Scotia high school – from China, India and the Philippines.
- Applicants must be accepted into their chosen post-secondary institution in Nova Scotia to receive conditional acceptance into the program. Final acceptance will be given once the applicant receives the appropriate study permit by IRCC.